Reports on the Quality of Teacher Preparation
Mount Vernon Nazarene University has regional accreditation from the Higher Learning Commission: a Member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. All teacher education programs offered by MVNU are fully approved by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and appropriate Specialized Professional Association (SPA) or Ohio Department of Education (ODE) guidelines.
This report has been prepared in compliance with the requirements of Title II Section 207 of the Federal Higher Education Act of 1998.
- Field experiences in area classrooms are integrated into the curriculum throughout the teacher preparation programs.
- Students seeking a high school teaching license major in an arts or science discipline and minor in Professional Education.
- All field and student teaching forms are based on the Ohio Standards for the teaching profession.
- Cultural diversity field and clinical experiences
are in an Ohio urban school district.
- International student teaching placements are encouraged for part of a semester.
Mount Vernon Nazarene University admits students to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities accorded or made available to students at the University without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, or socioeconomic status. It does not discriminate on any of the above factors in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic or other university administered programs.
Mount Vernon Nazarene University exists to shape the lives through educating the whole person and cultivating Christ-likeness for lifelong learning and service.
Teacher Education Mission
The mission of the Teacher Education Unit is to prepare, in a Christian context, competent educators who are compassionate servant leaders committed to life-long learning and professional competence in diverse educational settings.
For Additional Information Contact:
Dr. Sharon Metcalfe
School of Education and Professional Studies
Associate Dean for Education
Director of Teaching
(740)397-9000 ext. 3435 |
* Available in Acrobat PDF format. Download the free reader here