In the interest of tracking your developing art skills while at MVNU, we require that you submit a portfolio of your best high school art projects for assessment to the Art Department. We are eager to see your work and dedicated to helping you grow and develop as an artist.
Please understand that you are already accepted into the art program and and that your portfolio will be used to assess the MVNU art program. Your portfolio will give us a starting point from which to compare your portfolio at the end of your sophomore year.
Your portfolio may be submitted in actual work or on CD (digital). Art portfolio review will be on February 10-11, 2012 from 9 am to 5 pm.
Please send to: Art Department, Mount Vernon Nazarene University, 800 Martinsburg Rd, Mount Vernon, OH 43050.FRESHMAN PORTFOLIO REQUIREMENTS:
- DRAWING (From life, not from photographs. Include a self-portrait).
- COLOR (Any graphic image that you feel represents your best color usage).
- DESIGN (Any graphic image that you feel represents your best design example).
- SCULPTURE OR THREE-DIMENSIONAL (This could be ceramics).
Please indicate whether ideas originated with you or someone else.
Submit your portfolio online.
FRESHMAN GRAPHIC DESIGN PORTFOLIO REQUIREMENTS:
- One 8" wide X 11" tall poster in any media with the topic of "Save the Environment." The poster must contain both image and type;
- One self-portrait drawing, done in graphite pencil, done while looking at yourself in a mirror;
- One original photograph, black and white, or color;
- One original art or design project of your choice.
(740) 397-9000, ext 3042 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.