Dr. Sharon Metcalfe
- Associate Dean for Education Programs — Mount Vernon Nazarene University
- Graduate Education Department Chair — Mount Vernon Nazarene University
- Associate Professor of Education — Mount Vernon Nazarene University
- High school biology and chemistry teaching (Brockton, Easton, and North Quincy High Schools, and Massapoag Alternative High School.)
- Adjunct teaching at Eastern Nazarene College: Math for college, Intro. to Chemistry, Intro. to Biology, Human Nutrition, Freshman Seminar
- Associate Director of Center for Academic Services; Coordinator of Supplemental Instruction program (Eastern Nazarene College)
- Director of Curriculum Resources and Development-Eastern Nazarene College LEAD Program as well as adjunct faculty member for LEAD Program.
- University of Phoenix Online: faculty, faculty mentor, Science Area Chair for College of Arts and Sciences
- AERA — American Educational Research Association
- ASCD Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- Phi Delta Kappan
- Ohio Association of Teacher Education
- The International Christian Community for Teacher Education
- 1993 Outstanding Teacher Award-Eastern Nazarene College
- Co-presenter with Stephen Metcalfe at Asuza Pacific University; The International Christian Community for Teacher Education biennial conference; May 2012
Topic: Rural Poverty Instruction: Ideas For Teacher Education;
- Presenter at Women’s Leadership Conference, MVNU, September 2012; October 2013
Topic: Leading with your Strengths.
- Presenter at AERA international conference, May 2013;
Topic: The Effect of Strengths Intervention on Pre-service Teacher Dispositions during the student teaching experience.
- B.S. Biology Eastern Nazarene College
- M.Ed. Secondary Education with emphasis in biology. Eastern Nazarene College
- Ed. D. Educational Leadership / Curriculum and Instruction. University of Phoenix