Dr. Danielle Giroux
July 2015-July 2016
Alaska Psychological Internship Consortium- Norton Sound Health Corporation
Under the supervision of Seth Green, PhD
APA accredited clinical internship with the Alaska Psychological Internship Consortium. Duties included managing a clinical case load, administering psychological assessments, facilitating CBT based substance abuse group, receiving training and providing consultation in a primary care setting, providing clinical services to rural villages in the Bering Strait region.
August 2012-July 2015
Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium Suicide Prevention Program Coordinator
Duties include managing the Methamphetamine and Suicide Prevention Initiative (MSPI) and Native Connections grants, assisting with various projects in the domestic violence prevention initiative, suicide prevention program, substance abuse prevention initiative, and the behavioral health aid program. Duties include collecting and analyzing data, writing reports, delivering trainings and presentations and building community connection.
May 2013-April 2014
Clinical Therapist for Alaska Child and Family Services
Duties included providing individual, group, and family therapy, to children and families in need of residential care. Additional duties included providing intake and treatment planning, discharge planning, attending court as needed, providing clinical guidance for the milieu, providing staff trainings, working with the Office of Child Protective Services, and the Juvenile Justice Center.
- American Psychological Association Member Since 2010
- Alaska Psychological Association Member Since 2010
- National Association of Social Workers Member Since 2009
Awards and Recognitions:
- June 2017, Certified Green Dot Trainer, Certified in the College Track
- September 2014, Certified Gatekeeper, Question Persuade Refer Suicide Intervention Skills Trainer
- August 2014, Certified Safetalk Suicide Intervention Skills Trainer, Livingworks
- May 2013, Recipient of the Service to Science Grant for the Doorway to a Sacred Place project
- November 2012, Certified Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training, Livingworks (ASIST)
Published Works & Presentations (Limit 5):
- Giroux, D. (2017) The Heart of the Grizzly: Understanding Sexual Assault in a Rural Context. Doctoral Dissertation. Proquest Dissertations and Theses.
- Giroux, D., Demientieff, D., Ciniero, P., Boudreau, E., Moses, S., Holley, T., McLaughlin, L., Jerue, T., Spatrisano, J. & Hooper, M. (In Press) Culturally Grounded Alaska Native Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Prevention Training. American Indian and Alaska Native Mental Health Research.
- Giroux, D., Bacon, S., King, D., Dulin, D. & Gonzalez, V. (2014). Examining perceptions of a Smartphone-Based Intervention System for Alcohol Use Disorders. Telemedicine and Ehealth 10, 923-929 DOI: 10.1089/tmj.2013.0222
- Helm, S., Okamoto, S. K., Kaliades, A., Giroux, D. (2014) Drug Offers as a Context for Violence Perpetration and Victimization. Journal of Ethnicity in Substance Abuse 13(1), 39-57. DOI: 10.1080/15332640.2013.853015.
- David, E. J., Sumie, O., Giroux, D. (2014) Conceptualizations and Models: A Set of Guiding Principles to Advance Concepts in Multicultural Psychology, Chapter in the APA Handbook of Multicultural Psychology, Vol. 1: Theory and research. (pp. 85-104). Washington DC, US: American Psychological Association.
Favorite Scripture Verse:
“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
- PhD, University of Alaska Anchorage, Clinical-Community Psychology
- MS, University of Alaska Anchorage, Clinical Psychology
- MSW, Hawaii Pacific University, Social Work
- BA, Kent State University, Psychology and Anthropology