Dr. John Packard
(740) 392-6868 Ext. 3004
- Doctor of Arts, 2008. University of Northern Colorado, Greeley, CO
- Master of Music, May 1999. University of Northern Colorado, Greeley, CO
- Bachelor of Music, May 1996. University of Illinois, Urbana, IL
Conducting and Performing Experience:
- Associate Professor, Mount Vernon Nazarene University, Mt. Vernon, OH, 2004-present.
- Instructor, Front Range Community College, Ft. Collins, CO, 2002.
- Teaching Assistant, University of Northern Colorado, Greeley, CO, 1998-2000.
Masterclasses, Clinics, and Adjudication
- Guest Soloist, Knox County Symphony Concert, performance of Arutunian’s Trumpet Concerto, October 2010.
- Guest Conductor, 2009 Tri-County Honors Band, Hosted by the College of Wooster, Wooster, OH, February 2009.
- Guest Conductor, 21st Annual Ohio Private College Instrumental Conductors Association Honor Band Festival, The College of Wooster, Wooster, OH, January 2008, 2010.
- Guest Conductor, Kenyon College Winter Symphonic Wind Ensemble Concert, Kenyon College, December 2009.
- Guest Conductor, “The Witch and the Saint” Concert Finale, Joint concert with the MVNU Symphonic Wind Ensemble and Mount Gilead High School Band, Mount Gilead, OH, May 2008.
- Mount Vernon Nazarene University Choral Union, Mt. Vernon, OH, 2005-present. Annual performances of Handel’s Messiah.
- Springfield Symphony Orchestra, Springfield, OH, 2004-2007. Substitute and extra list.
- 2004 International Trumpet Guild National Conference. “Festival of Trumpets” Concert, Denver, CO, May 2004. Performer.
Ancillary Professional Experience
- Clinician, BLAST Instrumental Solo and Ensemble Masterclass, Mount Vernon, OH, June 2009-2011.
- Adjudicator/Clinician, 2009 Lakewood High School Band Contest, Lakewood, OH, March 2009.
- Clinician, Worthington Christian Middle School, Worthington, OH, March 2009.
- Adjudicator, Olentangy Middle School Solo & Ensemble Contest, Powell, OH, 2007-2008, 2011.
- Clinician, Danville Arts Festival, Danville, OH, April 2006, 2007.
Favorite Scripture Verse:
- Event Host, 23rd Annual Ohio Private College Instrumental Conductors Association Honor Band Festival, Mount Vernon Nazarene University, Mount Vernon, OH, January 2010.
- Event Host and HS Coordinator, Ohio Music Educators Association District 10 High School and Middle School Honor Band, Mount Vernon, OH, 2007-present.
- Event Host, Miami University’s Global Rhythms, MVNU Lecture-Artist Series, Mount Vernon, OH, April 2009 and October 2009.
Mathew 22: 36-40
36Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38This is the first and great commandment. 39And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. (KJV)