|MVNU Home / Academics / Faculty, Staff and Administration |
Dr. Kevin Hughes
(740) 392-6868 Ext. 3323
- Ph.D. in Organization and Management from Capella University, 2003.
- M.A. Organizational Management, University of Phoenix, 1999
- B.A. Psychology, Mount Vernon Nazarene University, 1987
- Associate Dean, Jetter School of Business 2012 – present
- Professor of Management, 1999-present
- Chair, Graduate Business Department, 2008-2012
- Coordinator, MBA Program, 2005 2008
- Coordinator, Adult and Graduate Studies Student Financial Planning 1995-1999
- Assistant Director, Student Financial Aid 1993-1995
- College Admissions Counselor 1988-1993
Awards and Recognitions:
- Christian Business Faculty Association (serves on the CBFA Board of Directors as the Program Chair)
- North Central Ohio Nazarene Missions International Executive Committee
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs
- The Gideons International
Published Works & Presentations:
- Outstanding Faculty Award MVNU 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2010
- Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society in Business, Management and Administration, nominated 2003.
- Phi Delta Lambda National Honor Society of Nazarene Colleges and Universities, inducted 2003.
Favorite Scripture Verse:
- "Ethics and Professionalism" a lecture presented to the Ohio Chiropractic Association for continuing education credit for licensure for Doctors of Chiropractic (2010).
- "Strategic Design of the Small Business" a lecture presentation at Kenyon College for the "Build Your Own Business Essentials" community lecture series on entrepreneurship sponsored by Kenyon College and Central Ohio Technical College (2010).
- "Internationalizing Undergraduate Business Programs in US Universities" MVNU School of Business Faculty Publishing Forum proceedings (2009).
- Presentation: The effect of the IBI program on the Cross-Cultural Adaptability of Students (CBFA conference in San Antonio, October 2004).
- Presentation: Internationalizing the Undergraduate Business Programs in US Universities (CBFA conference in Seattle, October, 2007).
- Dissertation: "The effect of the International Business Institute study abroad program on the cross-cultural adaptability of international business students." (Cappella University, 2003).
- Masters thesis: "The feasibility of developing an on-line version of the MVNU BBA program."(University of Phoenix, Spring 1999).
- APA style Guidelines manual used in MVNU AA, BBA, MSM, MBA, YEMBA, and Med programs (MVNU, 2003).
- "Faith Integration 101: Leading the Way Toward More Effective Faith Integration in the Nontraditional Classroom" with co-authors Jim Dalton, Mark Shoaf and Melanie Timmerman, (panel presented at CBFA conference in Vancouver, June, 2012).
- "Leading the Way by Using Life Lessons and Personal Testimonies as Holistic Faith Integration in Adult and Graduate Programs" with co-author Jim Dalton, (best practice presentation at CBFA conference in Vancouver, 2012).
Past jobs and/or current hobbies unrelated to your profession:
- Past interesting or odd jobs include working at Honda of America as an Assembly worker, Davis Construction as a carpenter, WNZR as a DJ and news anchor, Cougar Den as a short order cook, and TRC of Ohio test driving cars on a test track.
- My hobbies are running, writing, singing, and traveling
- I travel internationally with a Work and Witness team from my church. So far I have worked on building projects in colleges, schools, churches, orphanages, and communities in Venezuela, Russia, Argentina, the Philippines, Mexico, Belize, Ghana, Jamaica, Mozambique and Rwanda. I have also traveled with MVNU students and faculty to Africa Nazarene University in Kenya.