|MVNU Home / Academics / Faculty, Staff and Administration |
Dr. Kevin Hughes
(740) 392-6868 Ext. 3323
- Ph.D. in Organization and Management from Capella University, 2003.
- M.A. Organizational Management, University of Phoenix, 1999
- B.A. Psychology, Mount Vernon Nazarene University, 1987
- Associate Dean, Jetter School of Business 2012 – present
- Professor of Management, 1999-present
- Chair, Graduate Business Department, 2008-2012
- MBA Program Coordinator, 2005 2008
- Adult and Graduate Studies Student Financial Coordinator 1995-1999
- Assistant Director, Student Financial Aid 1993-1995
- College Admissions Counselor 1988-1993
Awards and Recognitions:
- Christian Business Faculty Association (serves on the CBFA Board of Directors as the Program Chair)
- North Central Ohio Nazarene Missions International (Serves on council Executive Committee)
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs
- The Gideons International
Published Works & Presentations:
- Outstanding Faculty Award MVNU 2001-2006, 2010, 2013
- Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society in Business, Management and Administration, nominated 2003.
- Phi Delta Lambda National Honor Society of Nazarene Colleges and Universities, inducted 2003.
Favorite Scripture Verse:
- "How Faith Can Intersect Business in the Online Classroom" poster presentation with Ron Bolender and Jim Dalton at Christian Business faculty Association conference (October 2014).
- "Interactive Online Learning Techniques" panel presentation with Ronald Bolender and Jim Dalton at Christian Business Faculty Association conference (October, 2013).
- "Paintings from the City Dump" article published in Engage (the global mission magazine of the Church of the Nazarene) (August 16, 2013). The article can be viewed at http://engagemagazine.com/content/paintings-city-dump.
- "The Near Future of Non-Traditional Education" with co-author Ron Bolender, a presentation at Christian Adult Higher Education Association Conference (July 2013). Portions presented at MVNU Faculty Institute (August 2013)
- "Improving Student Engagement in an Online Learning Environment" with co-authors William Adams and Chuck Crain (Campbellsville University), a presentation at Midwest Scholars Conference (March, 2013).
Past jobs and/or current hobbies unrelated to your profession:
- Past jobs include working at Honda of America as an auto assembly worker, Davis Construction as a carpenter, WNZR as a DJ and news anchor, Cougar Den as a short order cook, and Transportation Center of Ohio as test driving cars.
- My hobbies are writing, singing, and traveling.
- I travel internationally with a Work and Witness team. So far I have worked on construction projects in colleges, schools, churches, orphanages, etc. in Venezuela, Russia, Argentina, the Philippines, Mexico, Belize, Ghana, Jamaica, Mozambique, Rwanda, Alaska, and Zambia. I have also traveled with MVNU students and faculty to Africa Nazarene University in Kenya.