|MVNU Home / Academics / Faculty, Staff and Administration |
Dr. Melanie Spangler
(740) 392-6868 Ext. 4750
- J.D., Magna Cum Laude, Capital University Law School, 2001
- M.B.A., Mount Vernon Nazarene University, 2008
- B.A., History, Mount Vernon Nazarene University, 1992
- Board of Directors, Licking County Humane Society, Heath, Ohio
- Assistant Law Director, City of Newark, Ohio
- Assistant Prosecutor, Juvenile Division, Licking County, Ohio
- Adjunct Instructor, Mount Vernon Nazarene University
- Research Assistant, Capital University Law School
- Teaching Assistant, Capital University Law School
- Individual Support Administrator & Service Coordinator, Licking County Board of MR/DD
- Obtained Campus Title IX Coordinator Certification in August 2011
Published Works & Presentations:
- Christian Business Faculty Association (CBFA)
- Ohio State Bar Association (OSBA)
- Licking County Bar Association (LCBA)
- Association of Title IX Administrators (ATIXA)
Awards and Recognition:
- Co-authored “Title IX and Higher Education: The Implications for the 21st Century” article with Dr. Margaret Britt published in the March 15, 2014 Franklin Business & Law Journal.
- Co-authored “Penn State University, Title IX, Clery Act and Sexual Harassment: Was the Old Boy Network at Work?” article with Dr. Margaret Britt published in the July 2013 issue of Journal of Applied Management and Entrepreneurship.
- Co-authored “Rewind to the Future: How Socrates and His Elenchus Can Influence the Business Classroom in Christian Colleges and Universities” with Dr. Margaret Britt which was selected for presentation at the 2013 CBFA Annual Conference in Bourbonnais, Illinois on October18, 2013.
- Co-authored expanded Wal-Mart and Women: Good Business Practice or Gamesmanship? article with Dr. Margaret Britt and Dr. Tomas Parks which was published in the April 2008 issue of Journal of Applied Management and Entrepreneurship.
- Co-authored Wal-Mart and Women: Good Business Practice or Gamesmanship? with Dr. Margaret Britt which was selected for presentation at the 15th Annual American Society of Business and Behavioral Sciences Conference, February 21-24, 2008 in Las Vegas.
Favorite Subject-Related Links:
Favorite Scripture Verse:
- Outstanding Faculty Member for various Graduate and Professional Studies groups
- Order of the Curia, Capital University Law School, 2001
- Capital University Law School, Law Review
- Presidential Scholar, Capital University Law School, 1999-2000
- Outstanding Young Women of America, 1997
Micah 6:8 - He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
Past jobs and/or current hobbies unrelated to your profession:
Traveling, reading, walking, cooking (esp. Italian), and spending time with friends and family.