|MVNU Home / Academics / Faculty, Staff and Administration |
Dr. Melanie Spangler
(740) 392-6868 Ext. 6209
- J.D., Magna Cum Laude, Capital University Law School, 2001
- M.B.A., Mount Vernon Nazarene University, 2008
- B.A., History, Mount Vernon Nazarene University, 1992
- Board of Directors, President, Children's Connection of Knox County
- Board of Directors, Camp O'Bannon, Newark, Ohio
- Assistant Law Director, City of Newark, Ohio
- Assistant Prosecutor, Juvenile Division, Licking County, Ohio
- Adjunct Instructor, Mount Vernon Nazarene University
- Research Assistant, Capital University Law School
- Teaching Assistant, Capital University Law School
- Individual Support Administrator & Service Coordinator, Licking County Board of MR/DD
- Obtained Campus Title IX Coordinator Certification in August 2011
Published Works & Presentations:
- Christian Business Faculty Association (CBFA)
- Ohio State Bar Association (OSBA)
- Licking County Bar Association (LCBA)
- Association of Title IX Administrators (ATIXA)
Awards and Recognition:
- Presented workshop session entitled Legal Issues Facing Women in the Workplace and Academia with Teresa Haverstock during the Christian Women’s Leadership Conference held at MVNU on September 13, 2012.
- Participated on the Faith Integration 101: Leading the Way Toward Effective Faith Integration in the Nontraditional Classroom panel with Dr. Kevin Hughes, Dr. Jim Dalton, and Dr. Mark Shoaf at the 2012 CBFA Annual Conference in Langley, British Columbia on June 28, 2012.
- Presented Ethics, Moral Philosophies & Values at the Estate Planning and Professional Ethics Seminar on Wednesday, November 2, 2011. This is a continuing legal education (CLE) seminar hosted by First Knox National Bank of Mount Vernon, Ohio on the MVNU campus.
- Co-authored expanded Wal-Mart and Women: Good Business Practice or Gamesmanship? article with Dr. Margaret Britt and Dr. Tomas Parks which was published in the April 2008 issue of Journal of Applied Management and Entrepreneurship.
- Co-authored Wal-Mart and Women: Good Business Practice or Gamesmanship? with Dr. Margaret Britt which was selected for presentation at the 15th Annual American Society of Business and Behavioral Sciences Conference, February 21-24, 2008 in Las Vegas.
Favorite Subject-Related Links:
Favorite Scripture Verse:
- Outstanding Faculty Member for various Graduate and Professional Studies groups
- Order of the Curia, Capital University Law School, 2001
- Capital University Law School, Law Review
- Presidential Scholar, Capital University Law School, 1999-2000
- Outstanding Young Women of America, 1997
Micah 6:8 - He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
Past jobs and/or current hobbies unrelated to your profession:
Traveling, reading, walking, cooking (esp. Italian), and spending time with friends and family.