|MVNU Home / Academics / Faculty, Staff and Administration
Dr. Ronald Bolender
(740) 397-9000 Ext. 3701
- * M.B.A. Mount Vernon Nazarene University, Organizational Management, 2012
- Ed.D. Nova Southeastern University, Higher Education, 1996.
- M.A. University of Cincinnati, Sociology (Human Ecology), 1978.
- B.A. Mount Vernon Nazarene University, Sociology, 1977.
- Professor of Organizational Leadership, School of Business, Mount Vernon Nazarene University, 1986 to present.
- Coordinator of Online Instruction, Mount Vernon Nazarene University, 2005 to 2010.
- Partner of Bolender Initiatives, LLC. Dedicated to the development of professionals. www.bolenderinitiatives.com
- Consultant for Strategic Planning and Marketing, November 20, 2006 to June 30, 2007.
- Small Business Consultant, 1982 to 1997.
- Group Supervisor of Customer Installations and Training, Universal Computer Services, Houston, Texas.
Awards and Recognition:
- Christian Business Faculty Association
Published Works & Presentations:
- President’s Award for Excellence in Teaching (Nontraditional), 2013.
- Outstanding Faculty Award, 2011
- Excellence Award for Teaching - National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development (NISOD), 2009
- The Graduate and Professional Studies Faculty Member of the Year Award, May 14, 2005
- Rookie of the Year, Universal Computer Services, 1982
Online Electronic Portfolio Links:
Favorite Subject-Related Links:
Favorite Scripture Verse:
- Bolender, R. K. (2013, October 17-19). Preparing Virtual Professionals to Serve in Bivocational Ministry. CBFA Annual Conference in Bourbonnais, Illinois.
- Bolender, R. K. (2011, May 4). Emotional intelligence. Defense Supply Center Columbus and the Defense Logistics Agency Land and Maritime for the Leadership Development Program.
- Bolender, R. K. (2007). Social statics. International Encyclopedia of Social & Behavioral Sciences (2nd ed.). Farmington Hills, MI: Macmillan Reference USA / Thomson Gale.
- Bolender, R. K. (1978, June). Urbanization: Is it an operational definition of the concentration of activity theory? Cincinnati, OH: University of Cincinnati, Department of Sociology. September 1977 through June 1978.
- Bolender, R. K. (1997, September). The development of a portfolio assessment process for use in the Bachelor of Business Administration Program at Mount Vernon Nazarene College. Resources in Education Journal. Washington, DC: The George Washington University. (ERIC: ED 406 914)
Joshua 14:8b-12a (The Living Bible) - "But since I had followed the Lord my God, Moses told me, 'The section of Canaan you were just in shall belong to you and your descendants forever.' Now, as you see, from that time until now the Lord has kept me alive and well for all these forty-five years since crisscrossing the wilderness, and today I am eighty-five years old. I am as strong now as I was when Moses sent us on that journey, and I can still travel and fight as well as I could then! So I'm asking that you give me the hill country which the Lord promised me."
Past jobs and/or current hobbies unrelated to your profession:
Dr. Bolender is the web master for Schnormeier Gardens. He has worked with Ted and Ann Schnormeier in developing a web site to share an unique experience--a Frank Lloyd Wright inspired house located on 150 acres of gardens. Click to view this web site: www.schnormeiergardens.org