Carrie D. Beal, Ph.D.
(740) 392-6868 Ext. 3206
- Ph.D. Emory University, Graduate Division of Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Immunology and Molecular Pathogenesis Program, 2006
- B.S. Ashland University, 1999.
- Mount Vernon Nazarene University, Mount Vernon, Ohio, Assistant Professor of Biology, 2007-present
- Ashland Chemical, Ashland, Ohio, Research Specialist, Division of Specialty Polymers & Adhesives, 1996-2001
- Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, Post-doctoral research fellow, 2006-2007
Awards and Recognitions:
- National Association of Advisors for the Health Professions (NAAHP)
- Central Association of Advisors for the Health Professions (CAAHP)
Published Works and Presentations:
- NAAHP Travel Award - 2014
Favorite Scripture Verse:
- Kilgore, NE, Ford, ML, Margot, CD, Jones, DS, Reichardt, P, and Evavold, BD. 2004. Defining the parameters necessary for T cell recognition of ligands that vary in potency. Immunological Research. 29(1-3): 29-40. Review.
- Margot, CD, Ford, ML, and Evavold, BD. 2005. Amelioration of established EAE by an MHC anchor substituted variant of PLP 139-151. The Journal of Immunology. 174(6): 3352-3358.
- Wasserman, HA*, Beal, CD*, Zhang, Y, Jiang, N, Zhu, C, and Evavold, BD. 2008. MHC variant peptide-mediated anergy of encephalitogenic T cells requires SHP-1. The Journal of Immunology. 181(10): 6843.
- Jiang, N, Huang, J, Edwards, LJ, Liu, B, Zhang, Y, Beal, CD, Evavold, BD, Zhu, C. 2011. Two-stage Cooperative T Cell Receptor-Peptide Major Histocompatibility Complex-CD8 Trimolecular Interactions Amplify Antigen Discrimination. Immunity. 34(1): 13-23.
- Beal, CD and Singletary, JM. 2012. Religious and cultural issues for pre-health professionals. Oral Presentation. National Association of Advisors for the Health Professions national meeting. Baltimore, Maryland, June 20-24th, 2012.