|MVNU Home / Academics / Faculty, Staff and Administration |
(740) 392-6868 Ext. 3276
- Walden University
- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Master of Science in Nursing-Education
- MedCentral College of Nursing
- Mansfield, Ohio
- Bachelors in the Science of Nursing
- Classroom and Clinical Instructor for NUR3016 Comfort Care of Adults course for Junior nursing students.
- Clinical Instructor for NUR4098 Clinical Nurse Leadership for Senior nursing students.
- Classroom Instructor for NUR4343 Healthcare Trends and Issues (RN-BS course)
- Mount Vernon Nazarene University School of Nursing and Health Sciences Curriculum Committee Member (2010-2013)
- Mount Vernon Nazarene University School of Nursing and Health Sciences Policy Committee Member (2013-present)
- RN License
- BLS Certified
- ACLS Certified
- Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit Staff RN, present position
- Medical Surgical Unit Staff RN, former position
Published Works and Presentations:
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN): Leadership Networks
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, Rho Nu Chapter
Favorite Scripture Verse:
- Faculty Development Session, Reduction of Risk Potential (March 2013)
- Personal Development Course, Healthy Diet & Nutrition (March 2012, 2013), Mount Vernon Nazarene University
- Quality and Safety for Nursing Education (QSEN) Presentation to Mount Vernon Nazarene University Nursing Faculty (2013)
- Participated in a variety of nursing education conferences. Recently the Quality and Safety Education for Nurses National Forum, Embracing New Heights (May 2013), National League for Nursing: Innovations in Learning, An ACES (Advancing Care Excellence for Seniors) (Nov 2012), Mosby Faculty Institute (Jan 2010 & Jan 2011), and Quality and Safety for Nursing Education (QSEN) Faculty Development Institute (March 2011).
Romans 12:2 (NIV) - "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will."
Past jobs and/or current hobbies unrelated to your profession:
- Member of the Youth Service Club - Modern Woodman of America
- Crossroads Community Church Childcare Volunteer
- Member of the Advisory Committee for Mansfield Senior High Career Tech Program-Health Technologies
- Raising my seven year old son, Matthew, and five year old daughter, Camryn with my husband, Matt. I enjoy reading, jogging, biking, and outdoor activities with my family.