Intervention Specialist Mild/Moderate
MVNU now offers a master's degree program leading to Ohio licensure as an Intervention Specialist for Mild/Moderate Disabilities. The Intervention Specialist (IS) program is specifically designed to meet the needs of:
- Teachers with an interest in and commitment to serving pupils with disabilities.
- Licensed Early Childhood Education, Middle Childhood Education, or Adolescent Young Adult teachers who wish to enhance their credentials to include Intervention Specialist licensure and a Master's degree.
- Educators serving pupils with disabilities on a temporary or alternative special education license who wish to gain credentials needed to improve their employment options.
The IS program course work includes:
- Classroom instruction with 24.5 credit hours taught once a week (4-hour class).
- Eight credit hours of field and clinical experience providing students with confidence to serve this special population of students.
- Completion of licensure requirements in two years or less.
- Qualified faculty with a depth of experience in serving students with disabilities.
- A supportive, intentionally Christian learning environment.
- Being part of a cohort that supports and maximizes learning.
- Assistance with financial aid to make your degree affordable.
The ISP program is a blend of classroom and field experience that will provide candidates with the knowledge and confidence to serve the special population of students with mild/moderate disabilities. Classroom instruction is offered one night a week for four hours in a supportive cohort group at MVNU sites.
The field and clinical experiences are scheduled individually during the day and provide the candidate with actual classroom experiences necessary to become a highly qualified intervention specialist teacher. Clinical and field experience courses include the following:
- ISPC6062 Individualized Instructional Strategies Field Experience
- ISPC6032 Extended Field Experience for Exceptional Learners
- ISPC6064 Advanced Practicum -- full-time 4 week field experience
See the course list for descriptions of each class.Call now to learn more or schedule a visit.