ISM Admission Requirements
You’re ready to make a difference in your own life and in the lives of others. When you enter the ISM program at MVNU, you earn both your master’s degree in education and prepare for state licensure exams.
Requirements for Master of Arts in Education - ISM program enrollment:
- Have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Probationary admittance is possible for cumulative grade point average of 2.0-2.99.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must provide evidence of proficiency in English by scoring 500 or above on the TOEFL test or scoring 17 or above on the ESL Proficiency Examination.
How do I get started?
- Complete your application online at http://gateway.mvnu.edu
- Submit a Statement of Purpose (included and described on the online application).
Request all official transcripts to be sent to MVNU from each college or university you have attended to date. Please have your transcripts sent to:
Mount Vernon Nazarene University
Attn: GPS Admissions
800 Martinsburg Road
Mount Vernon, OH 43050
- Complete a Registration Agreement Form.
- Complete an Admissions Interview.
Graduation & Licensure Requirements
Students must successfully complete all coursework, field experiences, and student teaching with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0, as well as satisfy each of the following additional requirements:
- Pass Ohio Assessments for Educators
- Special Education–043 and
- Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Multi-Age–004
- Complete ﬁeld experiences in a variety of settings that encompass a range of ages, levels of ability, and disability types (includes diversity)
- Pass BCII background check (FBI check also, if in Ohio less than ﬁve years)