Although our admissions process is relatively straightforward, our knowledgeable staff is available to help you at all times. Admissions requirements include:
- Submission of official transcripts of all previous college or university courses completed (or high school transcript or GED if no college-level courses have been completed)
- Earn an overall GPA of 2.00 in all previous college or university coursework (an applicant with a GPA less than 2.00 may apply for probationary admittance)
- At least two (2) years of full-time work experience
- Evidence of English proficiency by scoring 550 or higher on the TOEFL test OR scoring 20 or above on the ESL Proficiency Examination
How to Apply for Admission
- Complete your application online.
- Provide information on each college or university that you have attended. If you have not attended college, submit a copy of your high school transcript or GED. Your recruiter will assist you with requesting transcripts.
- Upon receipt of your application and transcript(s), a Registration Specialist will create an evaluation of your transfer credits. Your recruiter will then review your transcript evaluation and work with you to create a preliminary graduation plan.
- Once accepted into MVNU's AAS-B program, a $100 deposit is required to reserve your place in the program. Once enrolled, this deposit is applied to your tuition.
Receiving Credit for Prior Learning
MVNU is proud of the diverse backgrounds of our students. Your life and work experience is important to us. Because of this, MVNU awards prior learning credit (PLC) for non-traditional education. We welcome students who have experienced learning opportunities outside of the classroom, such as on-the-job training, seminars, specific government and industry experience, military experience, professional schools and trainings, and other activities completed through credible associations and agencies.
Once you apply to the AAS-B program, your recruiter will discuss our PLC policies and evaluate your education with regard to the awarding of general elective toward your degree.
Financing your college education can be overwhelming, but if you are proactive and explore your financial aid opportunities fully, you may be able to reduce your cost. You can pay for your degree in many different ways, so taking the time to apply for financial assistance from as many sources as possible is worth the effort. MVNU financial aid counselors are available to assist you with your financial aid options.
- Tuition guarantee! Once you have enrolled, your course-by-course tuition will not increase as long as you are continuously enrolled and are making satisfactory academic progress, even if the university's charges for tuition are increased.
- Course-by-course payment is due no later than the first night of each course.
- $265 per credit hour (includes General Education courses)
- Advisors available to work with you one-on-one on a variety of financial aid options
In addition to completing your online application for admission, you should also complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. MVNU's school code is E00782. Filling out the FAFSA is an important step in the financial aid process and is required for any financial aid to be awarded.
In order to earn your AAS-B degree, you must complete a total of 64 credit hours with a minimum cumulative grade-point average of 2.00, including:
- All AAS-B requirements (8 courses totaling 24 credit hours). (Your official transcripts will be evaluated to determine whether any previous college coursework -- up to a maximum of 6 credit hours -- is acceptable for transfer. If so, there may be certain AAS-B core courses that you will not have to complete in order to graduate.)
- A minimum grade-point average of 2.00 must be earned in AAS-B core courses.
- All General Education requirements (minimum of 40 credit hours).
- A minimum of 30 credit hours must be earned at MVNU.