Software development is a rapidly changing field, so our program is designed to give you
experience with practical methods that are used in current applications along with learning
underlying principles of computer science to provide a foundation for lifelong learning.
The two-year accelerated degree completion program, based at our New Albany campus provides a path for working adults to earn a Bachelor of Science (BS) in Computer Science with a concentration in Software Development.
Why Choose MVNU's Software Development Program?
MVNU has a successful 40 year history in the computer science fields, with graduates finding rewarding careers in software development, software engineering, system administration and management, and research and development in commercial and government laboratories.
- Program focuses on software development and design of computer systems
- Emphasis on software design and implementation using current object-oriented methods and programming languages (including Java and C++)
- Courses develop competence in rapidly growing areas of software development:
- Web Application Programming and Client/Server Applications
- Database Systems
- Program includes a balance of theory and practice
- Each student completes a software application project with guidance from experienced faculty
- Significant underlying concepts are taught to prepare students to continue learning the next generation of software systems
- A Christian perspective is included to prepare students to address professional/ ethical issues with integrity
What Others Are Saying:
"The Computer Science degree that I earned from MVNU was very challenging but set a strong foundation that has allowed me to be successful in my career. I am currently working as a Software Engineer getting to research how current and emerging technologies fit into customer needs and business goals. I have found that the focus on core programming techniques and methodologies have allowed me to successfully work with a number of different platforms and technologies.
Rob Read, B.S. (MVNU 2008)
Current Position: Technology Research Engineer