Program Admission Requirements
- Active, unencumbered license as a registered nurse (RN) in Ohio
- Graduate of a nationally accredited associate degree or diploma nursing program
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher on a 4.00 scale in all previous college course work
- American Heart Association Health Care Provider CPR certification
- Complete immunization record
- Completion of online application to program
Applicants from countries and U.S. territories in which English is not the primary language must also provide recent evidence of proficiency in English by scoring 80 or above on the Internet-based TOEFL with subscores in writing, reading, speaking, and listening of at least 20; or scoring 550 or above on the written TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) with subscores in both writing and reading of at least 50. All tests of English proficiency must have been taken in the last 2 years to be considered for acceptance.
- Complete your application online at gateway.mvnu.edu
- Request all official transcripts to be sent to MVNU from each college or university you have attended to date. Please have your transcripts sent to:
- Mount Vernon Nazarene University
- Attn: GPS Admissions
- 800 Martinsburg Road
- Mount Vernon, OH 43050
- Provide a copy of your RN license from the Ohio Board of Nursing website (www.nursing.ohio.gov).
- Complete a Registration Agreement Form.
Official Electronic Transcripts should be sent to GPSApplications@mvnu.edu.
Prior to Practicum
Before participating in practicum, the School of Nursing and Health Sciences will assist you with obtaining each of the following items (paid for via student resource fees):
- Criminal background check (showing evidence of nothing that would adversely affect your ability to participate in practicum)
- Malpractice insurance
- MVNU's financial aid department will provide assistance to help make your degree affordable to you.