- About GPS
- Graduate Programs
- Undergraduate Programs
- GPS Sites
- Admissions & Financial Aid
COMPUTER SCIENCE-SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
SOCIAL WORK PROGRAM
|BACHELOR OF SOCIAL WORK|
GENERAL STUDIES COURSES
Social work is a dynamic profession with a dual focus of empowerment and social change with individuals, families, groups, organizations, communities, and society as a whole. Utilizing a person-in-environment perspective, social workers seek to understand the impact of and work with clients within their personal and social environments.
The profession is grounded in ethical principles and the six core values of service, competence, integrity, importance of human relationships, social justice, and dignity and worth of the person. A Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) degree provides a professional foundation in generalist social work practice that is preparation for entry-level social work practice in a variety of settings, both public and private, social work licensure, and graduate education.
Why Choose MVNU's BSW Program?
- High quality curriculum taught by faculty with professional social work practice experience
- Program designed for working adults
- Attend class one night per week
- Take one class at a time
- Become part of a cohort group, learning, and supporting each other and becoming a networking resource for years to come
- Accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- Cohort size limited