Student enrollment is growing at Mount Vernon Nazarene University. Our students are diverse in age and background, but they all share common goals: to achieve their highest potential, to become increasingly Christ-like, and to make a difference in their world through serving others.
All facts, figures and statistics taken from the 2010 Fact Sheet.
Fall 2010 Figures
- Total number of students: 2,609
- Total traditional undergraduate students: 1,397
390 first-time freshmen
1,146 residential students (91% res hall capacity)
- Total Graduate and Professional Studies students: 1,212
526 undergraduate students
686 graduate students
- Geographical breakdown:
West Virginia 1%
New York .0.5%
Other U.S. 2%
International 0.3% (includes Argentina, Canada, Jamaica, Kazakhstan, Puerto Rico, and Republic of South Korea)
- Denominational breakdown:
United Methodist 5%
Church of Christ 3%
- Mean ACT score: 22.4
- For 2009-10, $35.3 million in financial aid was awarded.
- The average undergraduate award was $16,110.
- Nearly 90 percent of MVNU students receive financial aid.
Student Leaders 2010
- Student Government President: Jameson Seymour
- Senior Class President: Justin Nowicki
- Junior Class President: Kurt Holland
- Sophomore Class President: Jared Davis
- Freshman Class President: TBD