- CFP certification — MVNU is the only Christian school in the state of Ohio and its bordering states to offer a Financial Planning program that is registered with the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board. This certification is encouraged for those in the profession of giving financial advice, and is recognized as the highest standard of excellence in the personal financial planning field.
- Immersive learning — You will have the opportunity to network with over 1,000 Christian Financial Planners at the Kingdom Advisors Annual Conference as you learn what it means to apply Biblical wisdom in the profession of giving financial advice.
- Professional opportunities — As a Finance major at MVNU, you’ll have access to institutional connections with business leaders in the Columbus area, throughout central ohio, and beyond. Plus, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in Enactus, an award-winning entrepreneurial campus organization that enables students to network and begin their professional journey long before graduation.
- Internships — In summer 2016, 100% of our Financial Planning students were completing full-time, paid internships in the financial services industry. Moreover, we have employers calling us all year long asking for interns to work for them. Many students are able to gain experience that counts toward CFP certification while in school.
- Professor Timothy Chesnut
- Associate Professor of Finance
- Dr. James Dalton
- Professor of Accounting
- Dr. Kevin Hughes
- Professor of Management, Associate Dean for GPS Administration
- Professor Judy Madtes
- Assistant Professor of Business
- Dr. Kelly Rush
- Associate Professor of Finance
- Dr. Mark Shoaf
- Professor of Management
- Dr. Melanie Spangler-Timmerman
- Professor of Business, School Dean
MVNU is known for preparing savvy, real-world-ready Finance graduates. That is due, in part, to our resources. All of your business classes will be held in the Jetter School of Business. This building boasts a large, round classroom in the center that serves as an ideal setting for large classes or visits from renowned speakers. It also features an up-to-date computer lab, which is used for computer-based courses, such as Spreadsheets. You will be able to learn the newest, most relevant aspects of programs like Excel while getting hands-on experience with them as you learn. As part of the Financial Planning program, you will be prepared to use the latest financial planning software the industry has to offer.
Odds are, you’ll be employed in your field before even graduating — or maybe even before senior year! Every single one of our 2015–2016 senior Finance majors had full-time employment offers prior to the start of their senior year. Some even began working in their new positions remotely while finishing up their classes!
With a degree in Finance from MVNU, you will be fully prepared for a career as a financial planner, analyst, consultant, manager — or you could pursue a career in investment banking, insurance, or corporate finance!
MVNU graduates have worked at:
- Key Bank
- Chase Bank
- Edward Jones
- Cardinal Health
“The smaller class sizes foster a strong sense of camaraderie as you work in the labs each year, since you end up spending a lot of time with the people on the same track as you. Also, it’s beneficial to have professors who are so readily accessible in case you need assistance.”Wesley Judy, ‘13