Prof. John Donnelly
In The News
MOUNT VERNON, Ohio — Mount Vernon Nazarene University art professor John Donnelly was recently accepted into the OH+5, 2018 Ohio Border 11th Biennial Exhibition juried competition consisting of artists from six states. Donnelly’s artwork “Still Chasing Faroe,” an installation of 300 paintings and drawings, is on display until March 17.
- Professor of Art, Mount Vernon Nazarene University, 1989 to present
- Art Teacher, Franklin County Board of MR/DD, 1988-89
- Associate Instructor of Art, Indiana University, 1984-85
- Ohio Art League
- National College Art Association
- Four paintings from the Clipperton Project sabbatical residency were published (Faroe Islands, 2015) to accompany translations of Faroese poetry in the Cagibi Literary Journal: Poems by Jóanes Nielsen, translated by Matthew Landrum - Cagibi Literary Journal, 2018
- Exhibited "Faroe Islands" paintings at Shremshock Architect Gallery, New Albany, OH 2018.
- Still Chasing Faroe, an installation of 300 paintings and drawings was exhibited in OH+5, 2018 Ohio Border 11th Biennial Exhibition juried competition.
- Award for Painting, Twelfth Biennial Liturgical Art Guild Exhibit, Schumacher Gallery, Columbus, OH, 1991
- Jean Lamb Hall Award For Painting, 79th Annual Ohio Art League Exhibit, Columbus Museum of Art, 1989
- Award for Best Painting, Columbus Museum of Art, 1987
- Faculty Research Grant, "Icon Imaging," Mount Vernon Nazarene College, 1997
- Lilly Grant for Painting and Drawing, Mount Vernon Nazarene College, 1991
- Dublin Arts Council Gallery, one person show, 1998
- Blue Cosmos Design Corporation, one person show, 1998
- "Flesh and Blood" compact disc: Comissioned artwork for cover and insert, 1997
- MFA in Painting and Drawing, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana (1985)
- BFA in Painting and Drawing, Tyler School of Art, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (1981)