Prof. Margaret Allotey-Pappoe
In The News
MOUNT VERNON, Ohio — A new mural in the Hunter Hall Clinic will give patients something to talk about — at least that’s the goal of the art work in one of the treatment rooms in the speech and language disorders clinic in downtown Mount Vernon.
- Associate Professor of Graphic Design, Art and Design Department, Mount Vernon Nazarene University, Mount Vernon, Ohio August 2016 – present
- Assistant Professor of Graphic Design, Art and Design Department, Mount Vernon Nazarene University, Mount Vernon, Ohio August 2011 – 2016
- Adjunct Faculty, Art Department, Bradley University, Peoria IL, August 2007– May 2008, August 2010 – May 2011
- AIGA, 2007– present
- College Art Association (CAA), 2016 – present (member)
- Christians in the Visual Arts (CIVA), 2015 – present (member)
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, 2009 – present (member)
- Reflections of Nana Ekow Maison and Margaret Allotey-Pappoe, was co-exhibited with Ghanaian artist Nana Ekow Maison, at the Foster Gallery for Christianity and the Fine Arts at First United Methodist Church, Peoria, Ill., 2017.
- Co-panelist with Joe Cory (Samford University) at the invitation of the Still Point Gallery, to share insight about the exhibit Between the Shadow and the Light, shown in South Africa, 2017.
- Guest speaker at the invitation of the Samford University art department, on the exhibit Between the Shadow and the Light, 2017
- Co-panelist with Keith Baker (Asbury University) and Jo-Ann VanReeuwyk (Calvin College) at Taylor University about the exhibit Between the Shadow and the Light, shown in South Africa, 2017.
- First MVNU Innovation in Education Grant ($5,000), March 2017, established by the Information Technology Services (ITS) department and is administered and awarded through the Online Learning and Technology (OLT) committee—one of two faculty to receive this grant.
- Hospitality Award, August 2016, awarded by Mount Vernon Nazarene University‘s Board of Trustees (first faculty to receive this award)
- Advisor of the Year, 2014–2015, awarded by Mount Vernon Nazarene University for excellence in advising and retention
- Full graduate assistantship, Fall 2009 – Spring 2010, awarded by the Bradley University Art Department
- Honorary Award Recognition, May 2, 2007 - Slane College of Communications and Fine Arts, Bradley University, Peoria, IL Gallery Program – 31st Bradley International Print and Drawing Exhibition
- MVNU Faculty Exhibit, Schnormeier Gallery, Mount Vernon Nazarene University, August 2017, Mount Vernon, OH USA. Faculty Group Exhibition. Reflections of Nana Ekow Maison and Margaret Allotey-Pappoe, Foster Gallery for Christianity and the Fine Arts, First United Methodist Church, July 2017, Peoria, IL USA. Group Exhibition.
- Between the Shadow and the Light —Gallery Talk, Invited Guest Speaker with Professor Joe Cory. Still Point Gallery (RZIM), Alpharetta, Georgia August 4th 2017
- Invited Guest Speaker Foreign Exchange Interaction Knox County Career Center, Mount Vernon, Ohio, March 7th 2017
- African/Christian/Prophetic Art — Invited Chapel Speaker for Convocation Program, Christian Faith & Tradition (CFT). Belmont University, Nashville, Tennessee, March 29th 2017
- MFA (Studio Arts) Visual Communications and Design, Bradley University, Peoria, Illinois
- M.A. (Studio Arts) Visual Communications and Design, Bradley University, Peoria, Illinois
- B.A. in Communication Design, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi, Ghana