The MVNU School of Graduate & Professional Studies is proud to offer a Master of Science in Management degree program that is intentionally designed for ambitious adults to receive a high-quality education while maintaining personal and professional responsibilities.
The Master of Science in Management is a highly focused, fast-paced program that provides students with skills in the functional areas of business along with essential executive and leadership skills. This 10-course, 30 credit hour program is specifically designed for individuals who are current or aspiring leaders in nearly any sector. MSM students learn how to communicate effectively, lead organizational change, maximize human resources, and compete globally.
The MSM curriculum is comprised of the nine graduate business core courses plus one course selected from any of the four MBA concentrations.
- Convenience — Our graduate business classes are offered in-seat one night a week, or online to fit your schedule.
- Be in high demand — The demand for our graduates is high. After one employee graduates from MVNU, many employers express high satisfaction in the education provided and enter additional students into the program.
- Quality education — Our graduate business programs are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org) and approved by the Ohio Board of Regents (regents.state.oh.us).
|Legal Issues in Management||
|One course from an MBA Concentration||3|
|Total Program Hours||30|
For cost/credit hour click here.
Although we try to keep our admissions process as straightforward as possible, our knowledgeable staff is always available and happy to help you. Once you have completed and submitted your application materials, the Graduate Business Admissions Committee will determine your acceptance status.
Admission requirements include:
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally-accredited institution with a GPA of at least 2.8 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Students with an undergraduate cumulative GPA below 2.8 may be accepted on academic probation.
Applicants from countries and U.S. territories in which English is not the primary language must also provide recent evidence of proficiency in English by scoring 70 or above on the Internet-based TOEFL with subscores in writing, reading, speaking, and listening of at least 20; or scoring 525 or above on the written TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) with subscores in both writing and reading of at least 50. All tests of English proficiency must have been taken in the last 2 years to be considered for acceptance.
Students may transfer up to 6 semester hours of graduate business course work, provided that the courses were earned from a regionally accredited institution, a grade of B or higher was earned, and they are applicable to MVNU's program. Transfer credit is evaluated on a course-by-course basis and must be approved by the program coordinator for the student's intended graduate business degree. Prior learning credit cannot be awarded for a graduate business degree.
How to Apply
- Complete your application.
- Request all official transcripts to be sent to MVNU from each college or university you have attended to date. Please have your transcripts sent to:
Mount Vernon Nazarene University
Attn: GPS Admissions
800 Martinsburg Road
Mount Vernon, OH 43050
Official Electronic Transcripts should be sent to GPSApplications@mvnu.edu.
- Complete a Registration Agreement form.