Professor Justin Rittenhouse
Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering
- Process Engineer (Project Manager) ‐ J. Rettenmaier USA
- Engineering Manager ‐ Glassmaster Controls
- Freelance Software Engineer
- (Co‐op: Test Engineer, R&D Intern, and Quality Intern) ‐ Denso
- Graduate Assistant ‐ Western Michigan University
- Design Project Engineer ‐ Glassmaster Controls
Published Works & Presentations
- Justin Rittenhouse and Peter Gustafson. “Validation of Two Open Source Discrete Element Software Packages Against Theoretical Benchmarks”. In: ASME 2020 International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition. Volume 9: Engineering Education. Nov. 2020.
- Justin Rittenhouse and Peter Gustafson. “MODELING OF ARTIFICIAL TURF WITH THE DISCRETE ELEMENT METHOD”. In: Summer Biomechanics, Bioengineering and Biotransport Conference. June 2020.
- Justin Rittenhouse and Peter Gustafson. “Modeling Turf Through Discrete Element Analysis”. In: ASC 33rd Annual Technical Conference & 18th US‐Japan Conference on Composite Materials. Sept. 2018.
- Justin Rittenhouse and Peter Gustafson. Injury Prevention Based on Computer Modeling of Cleat Traction. Poster Presentation at the 42nd Annual Meeting of the American Society of Biomechanics. Aug. 2018.
- Justin Rittenhouse and Peter Gustafson. Mechanics of Turf to Stud Interactions Through Discrete Element Analysis. Poster Presentation at the 8th World Congress of Biomechanics. July 2018.
“Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:32
- Watching and staying up to date with the NFL
- Weightlifting – Staying healthy
- Outdoor activities (hiking, basketball, etc)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace Engineering, Western Michigan University
- Master’s Degree in Aerospace Engineering, Western Michigan University