740-392-6868 Ext. 3204
Professor Chris Ingersol
Associate Professor of Biology
School of Natural and Social Sciences
- Associate Professor of Biology, August 1986 to present.
- Adjunct Instructor of Microbiology, Southern Nazarene University, January to May 1986.
- Adjunct Instructor of General Biology, Oklahoma City Community College, June to August 1985.
- Graduate Assistant, General Zoology Laboratories, Southwest Missouri State University, August 1979 to December 1981.
- Undergraduate Lab Assistant in Zoology, Comparative Anatomy and General Biology, Southern Nazarene University, 1976-77, 1978-79.
- Science Teacher, Oklahoma City Science Center located at Northeast High School, Oklahoma City Public Schools, Courses taught: Microbiology, Biology, Earth Science, and General Science, August 1982 to June 1986.
- Cooperating Teacher, Northeast High School for Central State University teacher education students, 1985, 1986.
- Executive Committee of the Ohio Biological Survey Advisory Board, elected to a three year term, October 1995 to present
- Ohio Biological Survey Advisory Board, Spring 1992 to present.
- Ohio Academy of Science, 1986 to present.
- National Science Teachers Association, 1986 to present.
- Volunteer member, Ohio Odonata Survey project, (Project goal: collect and identify Ohio dragonflies and damselflies), 1991 to present.
- Member, Oklahoma Academy of Science, 1984-86.
- National Association for Research in Science Teaching
Awards and Recognition:
- Sea Grant Scholarship to attend Stone Laboratory (OSU), Summer, 1990
- Mortar Board Membership, Drury College, 1978
- Alpha Nu Honor Society, 1976-77, Southern Nazarene University
- Outstanding Freshman in Biology, 1976, SNU
Published Works and Presentations:
- Ingersol, C.A. (1991). Contributing author in: “Global Change in the Great Lakes scenarios.” (Series eds. B.K. Garrison and A.R. Rosser). R.W. Fortner, project director. The Ohio Sea Grant Education program at The Ohio State University.
- Ingersol, Chris A. (1992) “Bio-111G, Principles of biology lab manual.” Revised edition in January, 1992.
- Ingersol, Chris A., Robert F. Wilkinson, Chris L. Peterson, and Robert H. Ingersol. (1991)
“Histology of the reproductive organs of Cryptobranchus alleganiensis (Caudata: Cryptobranchidae) in Missouri.” Southwestern Naturalist, 36(1): 60:66.
- Peterson, Chris L., Chris A. Ingersol, Robert F. Wilkinson. (1989) “Winter breeding of Cryptobranchus alleganiensis bishopi in Arkansas.” Copeia, 1989 (4):1031-1035.
- Topping, Milton s. and Chris A. Ingersol. (1981) “Fecundity in the hellbender, Cryptobranchus alleganiensis.” Copeia, 1981 (4):873-76.
- Continuing education at The Ohio State University.
- M.S. in Biology, Southwest Missouri State University, Springfield, Missouri (1982)
- B.S. in Biology, Southern Nazarene University, Bethany, Oklahoma (1979)