A residential program for students with intellectual disabilities seeking an integrated college experience that prepares them for future employment.
Enrolling for Fall 2024
Living on campus, IGNITE students will gain the full college experience while learning the skills they need to live independently after college.
What can students expect from residence life?
- Participate in signature campus events like SonFest, Block Party, Oaktober Fest and support MVNU athletics.
- Join an intramural team to connect with your peers through lighthearted competition.
- All residential students have access to confidential support from the Counseling Center and Campus Ministries staff.
- Enjoy tasty, all-you-can-eat meals from the cafeteria with a meal plan. Don't forget to use your RoadBucks on treats from Happy Bean and the 586!
At MVNU, faith is vital to our identity. So we foster an environment that encourages growth in grace and to provide opportunities that address spiritual formation from a holistic perspective.
You’ll have the opportunity to practice a variety of spiritual disciplines throughout your time at MVNU, recognizing that each person encounters God in different ways.
IGNITE students will:
- Worship with students, faculty, and staff during regular Chapel services.
- Serve through a CoSMO group, dive into the Wellness Program, or join a small group to grow your faith.
- Deepen your understanding of the world and faith's role in the world through Justice Talks held throughout the academic year.
2 Timothy 1:6-7 (NIV)
For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God ... For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but give us power, love, and self-discipline.
Phone: 740-397-9000, ext. 3429
Mail: IGNITE Program, 800 Martinsburg Road, Mount Vernon, OH 43050
Office: We are located on the second floor of Hyson Campus Center, in the Education Department. If you need help finding us, please call or reference the campus map.