Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Marketing
Do you watch the Super Bowl just for the commercials? Do you follow the social media accounts of big businesses just to see what sales tactics they’re using? Then MVNU’s Marketing program is exactly what you’re looking for.
Every business venture, product, and brand requires high-quality marketing campaigns in order to be successful — which is what makes Marketing one of the largest, most reliable professions in the world.
As a Marketing major at MVNU, you’ll have access to institutional connections with business leaders in the Columbus region and beyond. Plus, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in Enactus, an award-winning entrepreneurial campus organization that enables students to network and begin their professional journey long before graduation.
In addition to a solid foundational knowledge of sales and advertising, a degree in Marketing from MVNU will introduce you to web design, managing logistical operations, and performing studies on customer behavior. You will learn to know your audience and your product, and find the cross-sections between them that are essential to building incredible marketing campaigns.
If you’re interested in pursuing an MBA, you can complete coursework during your undergraduate studies, obtaining both a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree in Business Administration in only five years.
This program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). View student performance data here.
Take courses in marketing, public relations, research, and strategy to help you better understand and utilize the latest promotional tactics.
Faith & learning at MVNU
As an intentionally Christian University, we integrate our faith into everything we do at MVNU. From prayer before class to exploring real-world moral and ethical dilemmas, we’ll teach you what it means to shine forth.
Marketing majors will have the opportunity to travel through their participation in Enactus or IBI.
- The Belize Clean Water Coalition focuses on purifying the unclean drinking water in the country of Belize in three villages. MVNU business students travel to Belize to educate children and adults about the importance of clean drinking water by introducing the Berkey Water Filtration system that purifies a sustainable amount of water at one time.
- Students are given opportunities to study in Central America, Europe, and Asia.
For service learning and academic travel possibilities, visit mvnu.edu/travel.
International Business Institute
- The International Business Institute is designed to give students an opportunity to experience the international dimension of the many fields of business. The program is 10 weeks long and includes periods of residence in key locations as well as coordinated visits and presentations in the major political and economic centers of Russia, The European Union, India, and China.
- Marketing majors also have the option of pursuing the Music Business minor. This minor is offered by MVNU in conjunction with the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU) Best Semester Program. Students pursuing the Music Business minor will spend a semester studying at the Contemporary Music Center in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Students minoring in International Business are able to spend a semester in Africa.
Careers with a Marketing degree
A degree in Marketing from MVNU provides you with an endless list of career options. Plus, because of our outstanding reputation, MVNU graduates are always in high demand.
You could go on to make brilliant commercials, manage social media accounts for up-and-coming businesses, or create innovative new ad campaigns for well-established brands. Whatever route you choose to take, our Marketing program will help you lay the groundwork for a bright, successful career.
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
Help brands increase market share through engagement on social platforms.
Plan, buy, and place media and advertisements for organizations and brands.
Lead all aspects of marketing for a company or as an agency executive.
SALES AND PROMOTIONS
Set the tone and seal the deal by blending marketing tactics with sales acumen.
Engage consumers visually and call them to action with clear communication.
Meet the Faculty
Learn from faculty members who know how to balance theory and practical application for a relevant, empowering, Christ-centered learning experience.
All of your business classes will be held in Jetter Hall, the home of the the Jetter School of Business.
The round classroom in the center of Jetter Hall is an ideal setting for large classes or visits from alumni and renowned speakers.
Jetter Hall also features classrooms where students actively engage with professors. Our up-to-date computer lab provides the newest, most relevant suite of software for hands-on learning experiences.
Check these majors out, too
Bring your mind for business and heart for sports to lead athletic organizations with confidence.
Enrich the lives of consumers with effective designs, influencing culture and society in constructive ways.
Bring a deep understanding of finance to corporations, nonprofits, and families and help drive better decision-making.