740-392-6868 Ext. 3212
Dr. Luiz Oliveira
Associate Professor of Chemistry
School of Natural and Social Sciences
- Associate Professor of Chemistry, Mount Vernon Nazarene University
- Assistant Professor – Visiting. University of Cincinnati
- Research Associate – Department of Chemical Engineering. University of Washington
- Postdoctoral research fellow – University of Toulouse – France
Published Works & Presentations
- M Jora, D. Corcoran, G. Parungao, P. Lobue, L. F. L. Oliveira, G. Stan, B. Addepalli, P. Limbach. “Higher-Energy Collision Dissociation Mass Spectral Networks for the Rapid, Semi-automated Characterization of Known and Unknown Ribonucleoside Modifications.” Analytical Chemistry (2022), 94, 40, 13958.
- H. Y. Foseka, A. Javidi, L. F. L. Oliveira, C. Micheletti, G. Stan. “Unfolding and Translocation of Knotted Proteins by Clp Biological Nanomachines: Synergistic Contribution of Primary Sequence and Topology Revealed by Molecular Dynamics Simulation.” J. Phys. Chem. B (2021) 125 (27), 7335.
- K. S. Sykes, L. F. L. Oliveira, G. Stan, and R. J. White. “Electrochemical Studies of Cation Condensation-Induced Collapse of Surface-Bound DNA.” Langmuir (2019), 35, 40, 12962.
- L. F. L. Oliveira, C. D. Fu, and J. Pfaendtner. “Density Functional Tight-Binding and Infrequent Metadynamics can Capture Entropic Effects in Intramolecular Hydrogen Transfer Reactions.” J. Chem. Phys. (2018) 148, 154101.
- C. D. Fu, L. F. L. Oliveira, and J. Pfaendtner. “Assessing Generic Collective Variables for Determining Reaction Rates in Metadynamics Simulations.” J. Chem. Theory Comput. (2017), 13 (3), 968.
- C. D. Fu, L. F. L. Oliveira, and J. Pfaendtner. “Determining Energy Barriers and Selectivities
of a Multi-Pathway System With Infrequent Metadynamics.” J. Chem. Physics (2017) 146, 014108.
- L. F. L. Oliveira, N. Tarrat, J. Cuny, J. Morillo, D. Lemoine, F. Spiegelman, and M. Rapacioli. “Benchmarking Density Functional Based Tight-Binding for Silver and Gold Materials: From Small Clusters to Bulk.” J. Phys. Chem. A, (2016),120 (42), 8469.
- L. F. L. Oliveira, J. Cuny, M. Moriniere, L. Dontot, A. Simon, F. Spiegelman, and M. Rapacioli. “Phase Changes of the Water Hexamer and Octamer in the Gas Phase and Adsorbed on Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons.” Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., (2015), 17, 17079.
- L. F. L. Oliveira, C. Jallut, and A. A. Franco. “A Multiscale Physical Model of a Polymer Electrolyte Membrane Water Electrolyzer.” Electrochimica Acta, (2013),110, 363.
- L. F. L. Oliveira, E. Mayousse, C. Jallut, and A. A. Franco. “A Multiscale Physical Model for the Transient Analysis of PEM Water Electrolyzer Anodes.” Phys.Chem. Chem. Phys., (2012), 14, 10215.
- Invited Talk: “Water Adsorption on Transition Metal Oxide Pure IrO2, RuO2 and Alloy RuxIr1−xO2 Surfaces Investigated By Density Functional Theory” L. F. L. Oliveira, A. A. Franco, D. Loffreda. 233rd Electrochemical Society Meeting. Seattle – US. May 2018.
- “Quantitative Calculation of Reaction Rates of Two Classes of Chemical Reactions by Infrequent Metadynamics Simulations.” L. F. L. Oliveira, C. Fu, J. Pfaendtner. Materials Research Society Fall Meeting. Boston – US. November 2017.
- “DFT based tight binding strategy for numerous atoms studies: properties of noble metal clusters and surfaces interacting with hydrogen atoms.” L. F. L. Oliveira, F. Spiegelman, M. Rapacioli and D. Lemoine. Thems GDR Meeting. Bordeaux – France. December 2014.
- “Energetic and thermodynamical properties of protonated water clusters and of water clusters adsorbed on polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons.” L. F. L. Oliveira, J. Cuny, M. Moriniere, L. Dontot, A. Simon, F. Spiegelman and M. Rapacioli.
- 5th International meeting of atomic and molecular physics and chemistry (IMAMPC). Salamanca – Spain. June 2014.
- “Investigation of atomic and molecular clusters with the DFTB approach.” L. F. L. Oliveira, J. Cuny, M. Moriniere, L. Dontot, A. Simon, F. Spiegelman and M. Rapacioli. 14th deMon workshop. Los Cabos – Mexico. April 2014.
- “Multiscale modeling study of the electrochemical and transport mechanisms in PEM water electrolyzer.” L. F. L. Oliveira, C. Jallut and A. A. Franco. 63rd Annual meeting of the international society of electrochemistry. Prague – Czech Republic. August 2012.
- PhD in Chemistry, University of Lyon, France.
- Master in Physics and Materials Science. Double diploma from the Ecole Normale Superieure de Lyon – France and from the University of Roma “La Sapienza” – Italy
- B. Sci in Physics, Universidade Federal de Uberlandia, Brazil.