740-392-6868 Ext. 3241
Dr. Peter Baonhe Sob
Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering
School of Natural and Social Sciences
- Researcher in Mechanical Engineering at the Vaal University of Technology. Over 80 research
publications in accredited journals and conference proceedings.
- Researcher in Mechanical Engineering at Vaal University of Technology with over 80 research
publication in accredited journals and conference proceedings.
- Lecturer in Vaal University of Technology and subject head in Hydraulic machines, Fluids Mechanics, Thermo-Fluids, Energy systems, Modelling and Engineering Simulation and Research Methodology.
- Supervisor in BTech, Masters and Doctorate in Mechanical Engineering at Vaal University of
- Chair of Research in Mechanical Engineering at Vaal University of Technology.
- Examination Coordinator in Mechanical Engineering at Vaal University of Technology South Africa.
- Discipline Coordinator in Mechanical Engineering
- Management and Leadership in Vaal University of Technology
- Teaching experience in a secondary school (FUGOHIS MUYUKA)
- Worked in automotive industries (Cami Toyota Cameroon (Douala) And Angwa And Sons Motor Muyuka
- Technical personnel in University of South Africa (mechanical engineering department).
- Worked in metal manufacturing industries
- Worked in microscopy analysis
- Worked in membrane technology (filtration system used in oil-water separation)
- P.B. Sob, A. Alungogo and T.B. Tengen, (2017), Stochastic Effect of Grain-Elongation on
Nanocrystalline Materials Strain and Strain Rate Produced by Accumulative Roll-Bonding and
Equal Channel Angular Pressing”, Advances in Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 2017,
Article ID 5418769, 9 pages, 2017. doi:10.1155/2017/5418769. ISSN: 1687-8434, EISSN:
- P.B. Sob, A. Alungogo and T.B. Tengen, (2017), Cracks Propagation as a Function of Grain Size
Variants on Nanocrystalline Materials Yield Stress Produced by Accumulative Roll-Bonding,
Advances in Materials Physics and Chemistry (AMPC) Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 58-69. doi:
10.4236/ampc.2017.72006., ISSN: 2162-531X (Print), ISSN: 2162-5328 (Online)
- P.B. Sob, A. Alungogo and T.B. Tengen, (2019), Scanning electron microscopy, energy dispersive
X-ray Spectroscopy and statistical analysis of high- and low-pressure coating on sediment membrane for efficient wettability process during oil/water separation. International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology (IJERT). ISSN 09743154, Volume 12, Number 12 (2019), pp. 2698-2717.
- P.B. Sob (2020). Modelling the Separability Process of Oil-Water Molecular Motion for Stable and Efficient Wettability Process. International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology. ISSN 0974-3154, Volume 13, Number 12 (2020), pp. 4211-4217 © International Research Publication House.
- P.B. Sob (2021). The effect of temperature on elongation to failure in nanostructured material fabricated by ARB process. International Journal of Mechanical and Production Engineering Research and Development (IJMPERD). ISSN (Print): 2249-6890; ISSN (Online): 2249-8001; Impact Factor (JCC): 8.8746; NAAS Rating: 3.11; IBI Factor: 3.2; ICV 2015:60.6.
- Registered with South Africa Association of Computational and Applied Mechanics (SAAM)
- Elected by Council as an Associate Member (AMSAIIE) of the Southern African Institute of Industrial Engineering
- South African Association for Applied Mechanics (SAAM)
Awards and Recognitions:
- Vice Chancellor’s Award Academic Faculty of Engineering, April 2017, “Cum laude Master of Technology Mechanical Engineering”
- Vice Chancellor’s Award by South African Association for Applied Mechanics 2018
Favorite Subject-Related Links:
- Fluid Mechanics
- Thermo-Fluids and Turbomachinery
- Engineering Modelling and Simulation (EMS) Module
- Research Methodology
Favorite Scripture Verse:
Romans 8:28 – And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Past jobs and/or current hobbies unrelated to your profession:
- Lecturer at Vaal University of Technology from 2013 to 2021
- Laboratory work in Mechanical Engineering at University of South Africa Florida Johannesburg
Campus. Year: 2015-2018
- Secondary and High School Teacher
- Hobbies: Football and Music (Gospel and Classical Music)
- D.Tech. Mech. Eng. 2020. University: Vaal University of Technology South Africa: Area of study: Membrane Technology use in oil-water separation, Thermo-Fluids, Energy System, Material Science and Engineering, Nanomaterials
- M. Tech. Mechanical Engineering (Cum Laude). University: Vaal University of Technology, South
Africa: Year: 2016
- B.T., 2010, Siantou University Complex Yaounde, Cameroon