Skip to content

Dual Enrollment Application Materials

See what you need to starting earning college credits in high school.

You've Been Accepted!

Congratulations on your acceptance to Mount Vernon Nazarene UniversityAs a Dual Enrollment student, you are a valuable part of our student community.  Our Dual Enrollment students can do everything our traditional MVNU students do (with the exception of Varsity and Reserve Sports).  Where do YOU fitDo you love sportsParticipate on one of our intramural or sports teamsLove musicJoin an ensemble or play on the pep or jazz bandAre you the star of the stageJoin the cast and crew for our spring musicalMVNU Dual Enrollment students can also check out gear from the REC (kayaks, bikes, etc.), use our weight rooms, attend chapel (optional), join a COSMO or Life Group…. The options are nearly limitless! Choose the level of involvement that best works for YOU! 

Once we receive your application, we will reach out to your school counselor for a copy of your current high school transcript and will ask them to complete a short form to help us understand your graduation needs.  If you have not yet taken high school classes, you will need to submit an acceptable college readiness score or schedule to take one of our free placement tests to demonstrate your readiness for college work. 

Homeschool Students:  Since you do not have a School Counselor, your parent will need to supply a current transcript with GPA calculated for any high school work completed.  You can choose from sample transcript templates HERE if you like. 

New Student Orientation

We offer multiple options for orientation, based on student type.  Please refer to the list below, and make sure you register with the appropriate group: 

  • Full time, on-campus (12-16 credit hours per semester, usually 4-6 classes per semester) students must attend New Student Orientation (NSO) with incoming freshman students.  NSO dates are available in June.  More information will be sent to accepted students in the spring, including a registration link. 
  • Part time, on-campus (1-11 credit hours per semester, usually 1-3 classes per semester) students must attend a half-day orientation in July.  More information will be sent in the spring, including a registration link. 
  • Online students must complete a virtual orientation.  More information and a link to the orientation will be sent in June or July. 

Commuter Student Resources

Student ID 

  • As some of our buildings require an ID for entry, all commuting students need an ID.  ID’s can be obtained at the HUB (in the lower level of the Thorne Library building) between the hours of 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM. 
  • ID’s can also be ordered at any of our on-campus New Student Orientations. 

Vehicle Registration 

  • If you are parking on campus, you are required to register your vehicle online at before the first day of school.  You will be provided a parking decal at no cost. 
  • You can find additional information and pickup instructions HERE [link to campus security]. 


  • As a CCP commuting student, you are permitted to park in either of the 2 Chapel parking lots.  Should those lots be full, you are also permitted to park behind Ariel Arena. 

Campus Map 

Meals on Campus 

  • CCP students can purchase a meal plan or add Road Bucks to their Student ID’s. 
    • Meal plans are used in the cafeteria in the lower level of Hyson Campus Center. 
    • Road Bucks can be used in the cafeteria, 586 Student Union in Ariel Arena, or Happy Bean in the Thorne Library. 

Commuter Lounge 

  • Commuters have a new Commuter Lounge outside the cafeteria and new REC space in the lower level of Hyson Campus Center.  This space is dedicated to YOU to give you a place to hang out, eat lunch, or study. 

Accepted Student FAQ

See some of the most frequently asked questions (and answers!) below. Have a question we didn't answer? Email

Site Designed and Developed by 5by5 - A Change Agency