Life at MVNU
Diversity and Unity
At MVNU, we believe that embracing and celebrating diversity brings us all closer together.
Our campus community benefits from the diversity of students, staff, and faculty. We are a community of individuals who seek to learn from, and about, one another. Diversity is expressed through racial, ethnic, age, ability, geographic, gender, cultural, and socioeconomic differences among the campus community.
We take our responsibility to offer educational and professional opportunities equitably to all qualified persons seriously. Through our curriculum, programs, and services, we seek to provide understanding and supportive interaction among diverse population groups, respecting individuals’ personal values and ideals.
Black Student Union
Diversity Leadership Scholars and Mentoring Program
Language Learning Clubs
United in Culture
Alliance for Black Student Leadership
African Diaspora History Month
Festival Latino Workshop
International Fashion Show
Martin Luther King Celebration Breakfast
Women's History Month
The Dwelling Multicultural Resource Room
Presidential Task Force on Diversity and Inclusion
- Tavaris Taylor - Chair, Assistant Vice President for Intercultural Engagement and Learning, Director of Intercultural Life
- Dr. Hank W Spaulding, III - Assistant Campus Pastor
- Dr. Stephen P Metcalfe- Professor of Education
- Prof. Debra J Garee - Assistant Professor of Nursing
- Dr. Thad Hicks - Professor of Emergency Management & Criminal Justice
- Margaret Allotey-Pappoe- Associate Professor of Graphic Design
- Dr. Jean Ollis - Assistant Professor of Social Work
- D'Lasia N Bass - SGA Vice President for Diversity and Inclusion
- Curiosity & Courage: Personal responsibility for getting to know one another and to be understood.
- Openness & Otherness: Holding multiple perspectives simultaneously and valuing them all.
- Respect & Reciprocity: Recognition of personal diversity and the fact that all peoples have equal value and merit.
- Equity & Empathy: Dispersion of power and equality of opportunity.